I’m Ken Thomas and I think online marketing is good fun.
Focus on how people think and how to make things easy for people – the rest becomes easy.
Online marketing is not expensive or unpredictable. It is cost-effective and measurable.
Online marketing is not all about the right tools. It is about the right strategy and some marketing basics done right (before you use the tech-y tools).
- The make-or-break challenge for marketers today: Clear communication with customers and a focus on people’s real desires (versus the desires that businesses owners want customers to have).
- Online marketing should always be measurable, profitable marketing.
- Within any business a critical function of a marketer – and of every manager – is to help other people to define and then reach their goals. This includes helping your customers, staff, directors and shareholders.
- If customers aren’t happy, your business is burning to the ground.
“Ken Thomas is a pro in strategic and online marketing and can manage a complex project with ease. He faithfully delivered countless deliverables for me while keeping his (and my) sights aimed at the overall goals.”
– James Grima, CEO, Positive Training Solutions
“Ken is quite simply a top quality professional. He is creative, capable and committed to quality on every level from total reliability to ‘going the extra mile’.”
– Russell Johnson, Managing Director, EPR Careers
“Ken Thomas is dedicated, thorough, strategic and knowledgeable when it comes to direct response marketing… I recommend Ken if you want to boost your profits through online marketing.”
– Sharon Pearson, Owner, The Coaching Institute
My main job:
I am the marketing manager at a very successful online financial service company in Australia. It is a fun place to work. We provide good, honest services to a very large client base and we do it well.
After hours, I assist friends and keep in touch with dozens of past clients, colleagues and employers. I’m always happy to hear from people I’ve worked with and I’ll help out when a chance arises!
With years of experience in online marketing account management, operations management and fundraising, I’ve seen quite a few of the ‘latest trends’ in marketing communications as they come and go. Currently I’m specialising in online services management and online direct response marketing (including website optimisation, social media management, email marketing, SEM, copywriting, lead generation and more).
I’ve handled strategy and implementation for many successful direct-response marketing and fundraising campaigns (mail and online). I enjoy graphic and web design. I like managing overall site design and content development, focussing on usability and sales conversion.
I’m Google AdWords Certified and hold two post-graduate qualifications in Marketing (G.C.Business (IMC) and Master of Business (Marketing)). I’m an Associate Member of the Australian Marketing Institute and an Associate Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
I have a passion for charities and fundraising. I like writing, everything nerdy, visual communications and design, modern art. I like loud music, arty cinema and beach volleyball.